Originally posted February 11, 2011.
Dale Talde may be best known for his appearances on Bravo’s Top Chef or as the Chef de Cuisine at Buddakan in New York, but what many may not know is that this man loves his sneakers. I knew from the first time I saw him rockin’ a pair of Air Max 90’s in the kitchen on Top Chef, I had to feature him on the site. Dale was kind enough to take some time out of his busy schedule to let us get to know someone who truly defines what ‘Eat Good. Stay Fresh.’ is all about.
Dales latest pick-up
1) First things first, how far do you think the Bulls are going to go this season?
Bulls are going to the Finals. Yes, I said it, defense wins championships and the Bulls have a great defense. They have the 3rd best record in the league and Noah is out. I’ll also say this, D. Rose, MVP.
2) There were a few times on Top Chef where you incorporated a Filipino influence into your dishes, do you feel that Filipino Cuisine has a place in fine dining, or will it ever?
My heart says that Filipino cuisine will come into its own, I hope that Filipino food never becomes fine dining, just like soul food and fried chicken.. I think fine dining is dead
3) If you could only own/wear one pair of sneakers for the rest of your life, which would it be and why? (Model and Colorway)
I would have ‘90 Air Max’s, Army, Rustic, Purple my favorite ever
4) Where’s the first place you’re taking me to eat the next time I’m in your city?
The Tavern at Gramercy Tavern
5) I know you’re currently the Chef de Cuisine at Buddakan in New York, but what can we expect from you in the future?
Big things brother. God willing my own spot, Thai fish market style. Thanks bro.
Thank you sir. You will definitely be hearing from me next time I’m in New York.
You can catch Dale weekly on Bravo’s Top Chef, and make sure to check out his blog/twitter.
Images via DaleTalde.com